Sanctuary in Schools (SoS) Project Coordinator: 20 hrs/wk
NJC Scale 26 (£23,866 p.a pro rata) + 5% pension contribution
Launched in 2008, Bradford City of Sanctuary (BCoS) is part of the rapidly growing national CoS movement (https://cityofsanctuary.org/), committed to creating a culture of welcome and inclusion for those seeking sanctuary in the UK.
The SoS project was first established in 2012 to work with Bradford schools to increase understanding of why people become refugees, the realities of life as an asylum seeker or refugee and the contributions which new migrants make to the local community. The project ran successfully until the recent retirement of the first SoS worker. A full project evaluation has since been completed and we are now ready to recruit to the post once more.
We are seeking an experienced education professional to develop this important project. The successful applicant will have a genuine interest in and understanding of the needs of asylum seekers and refugees, a proven track record of energy and creativity and the ability to self-motivate, prioritise and take initiative.
In addition, all shortlisted applicants will also have the following*:
- A developed understanding of the ethos and aims of the SoS stream within the national City of Sanctuary movement
- Ability to work from home + access to computer with internet
- Possession of a full UK driving licence and use of a vehicle for work
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
*Please see person specification for the full list of essential and desirable criteria
BCoS does not have office premises and the postholder will be required to work from home; we do however rent a small amount of hot desking space in the City Centre. Travel expenses will be paid for attendance at meetings, etc and mileage will be calculated from our registered office (BD7 1QX).
- Fully completed, word processed application forms should be emailed to: [email protected] (no CV’s please)
- Deadline for applications: 4pm on Wednesday 5th December
- Interview date: Friday 14th December (pm)
- For more information, please call Will Sutcliffe (BCoS Chair) on 07505 053149 or email [email protected]
We are very grateful to Bradford Council and The Big Lottery Fund for their support in funding this post