IDEAS FOR GETTING INVOLVED
- What do you do best? Sport, cooking, speaking, fundraising, campaigning? Talk to us about how your skills / interests could be put to good use
- Join Bradford City of Sanctuary. We meet monthly 4.30-6pm on a Thursday in the city centre
- Ask your group, organisation, place of worship or business to pass a resolution of support for Bradford City of Sanctuary (can be printed from our website). Yours could be our 181st!
- Do you work in local school, or are you a governor or parent? Encourage your school to consider becoming a School of Sanctuary
- Offer English tuition to asylum seekers ineligible for state-funded classes
- Raise funds for City of Sanctuary, BEACON, Abigail Housing, BIASAN, Refugee Action or the Millside centre. Or, if you have expertise in making funding applications, we would be very pleased to hear from you!
- Become a Friend of Bradford City of Sanctuary
- Provide short or longer-term accommodation to homeless asylum-seekers by hosting ([email protected]) or contributing to the rent for a house (org.uk/)
- Invite refugee groups to your community social events (we’ll pass the invitation on).
- Display one of our “We welcome asylum-seekers and refugees“ signs on your car, or outside your home, workplace, place of worship (contact us and we’ll you send one).
- Campaign! Keep abreast of current issues at https://asylummatters.org/;
**See also our Local Volunteering Opportunities page**