We would love to add your voice to our growing movement of welcome!
Whatever your gift you can make a difference and get involved. From baking to jewellery making, we will find a way to involve you in making a place of welcome! Do email us if you have an idea that you cannot see listed below, we’d love to chat.
- Sign up for our quarterly newsletter or attend our monthly general meetings, either in person or on zoom- email us for more information.
- Volunteer and make a huge difference to the life of a sanctuary seeker, from offering English tuition to offering your spare room for a night. To find out about local volunteering opportunities visit this page.
- Be part of a movement of welcome by asking your group, organisation, place of worship or business to pass a resolution of support for Bradford City of Sanctuary.
- Consider a Sanctuary Award. These can be awarded to schools and colleges, gardens, theatres and much more. Whatever you are involved in, you could help them be a more welcoming place for sanctuary seekers. Email us for more information.
- Raise funds or become a partner . Maybe you love a sponsorship challenge, or you are in a position to donate regularly to a charity working for/with sanctuary seekers. From contributing to the rent for a house for sanctuary seekers to becoming a Friend of Bradford City of Sanctuary, your donation will be put to good use.
- Campaign If you disagree with how the government treats sanctuary seekers, you can make your voice heard. We regularly speak about issues on facebook and twitter. Refugee Action and Asylum Matters can help inform you about campaigns such as LiftTheBan, which is asking that sanctuary seekers be able to work and contribute to the UK economy.