IDEAS FOR GETTING INVOLVED at 9/2019
What do you do best? Sport, cooking, speaking, fundraising, campaigning? Talk to us about how your skills / interests could be put to good use
- Join Bradford City of Sanctuary. We meet monthly 4.30-6pm on a Weds in the city centre
- Ask your group, organisation, place of worship or business to pass a resolution of support for Bradford City of Sanctuary (can be printed from our website). Yours could be our 176th !
- Are you a teacher, school governor or parent? Encourage your school to consider becoming a School of Sanctuary – see https://bradford.cityofsanctuary.org/sanctuary-in-schools
- Offer English tuition to asylum seekers ineligible for state-funded classes
- Raise funds for City of Sanctuary, BEACON, Abigail Housing, BIASAN, Refugee Action. Or, if you have expertise in making funding applications, we would be very pleased to hear from you!
- Provide short or longer-term accommodation to homeless asylum-seekers by hosting ([email protected]) or contributing to the rent for a house (org.uk/)
- Invite refugee groups to your community social events (we’ll pass the invitation on).
- Display one of our “We welcome asylum-seekers and refugees“ signs outside your building, office, place of worship (contact us and we’ll you send one).
- Campaign! Keep abreast of current issues at https://asylummatters.org/; http://www.refugee-action.org.uk/ or www.refugeecouncil.org.uk
These are just a few suggestions. If you have a skill or particular interest that isn’t mentioned above, get in touch! We may be able to suggest a way that it could be used to benefit asylum seekers and refugees locally.