NJC SCP 21: £20,138 pro rata for 15hrs/week + 5% pension contribution
Bradford City of Sanctuary (BCoS), part of the rapidly growing national CoS movement, was launched in 2008 with a vision of creating a culture of welcome, hospitality and inclusion in the city for asylum seekers and refugees. Since then we have steadily grown in influence and currently have 175 supporting organisations across the city. In 2010 Bradford was only the third city in the UK to be formally recognised as a ‘City of Sanctuary’.
We are now seeking a highly motivated, energetic and creative individual to help take forward our fast-developing work
All shortlisted applicants must have the following*:
- Significant voluntary or paid work experience with asylum seekers and refugees or
- Personal experience of seeking asylum
- Voluntary or paid work in the voluntary /community sector
- The ability to self-motivate, prioritise and take initiative
- Excellent written and spoken English
*Please see person specification for the full list of essential and desirable criteria
BCoS does not have office premises and the postholder will be required to work from home. Travel expenses will be paid from home, provided that is no further distance than from our registered address (BD7 1RE).
- Fully completed, word processed application forms should be emailed to: [email protected] (no CV’s please)
- Deadline for applications: 9am on Friday 29th September 2017
- Interview date: Monday 9th October at our registered address
- For more information, please call Will Sutcliffe (BCoS Chair) on 07505 053149 or email [email protected]